Sun, Jul 24|
Wynncliff Conference Center
STEP UP 2022
A fun and friend filled week for future Sherlake Student Leaders! For incoming 8th and 9th grade girls.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2022, 3:00 PM CDT – Jul 29, 2022, 1:00 PM CDT
Wynncliff Conference Center, 11803 Lakeshore Dr, Cleveland, WI 53015, USA
About the Event
Sherlake is a home away from home where you are helped by friends and mentors to grow into the best version of yourself!
STEP UP Summer Experience is sponsored by Sherlake Cultural Center but is also open to girls from other cities and Centers of Opus Dei around the USA.
STEP UP Summer program has three important goals!
1) Grow as a leader
2) Deepen friendships (including with Jesus!)
3) Learn about the mission and spirit of Opus Dei
AND of course...have tons of fun in the process!!!
Check out the video from last summer to see what to expect.
A day at STEP UP:
- The day starts with meditation and Mass. The time of prayer will introduce the theme of the day.
- The morning will be filled with lively discussions and activities that build on the theme of the day. We will use 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens as the basis for the discussions. This year we will study habits 1-4.
- In the afternoon, we will "travel" to a different country each day. The high school counselors are hard at work getting to know girls from Opus Dei centers all over the world so that they can share favorite songs, dances, and insights from teens of different cultures.
- We know you enjoy free time! There will be ample opportunities to explore the grounds and play sports.
- We set aside quiet time toward the end of the day for personal prayer and journaling. The counselors will share helpful tips on how to pray based on thier own experience.
- Each night will end with an exciting surprise activity.
This is a tech free event!!! Please only sign up if you are willing to leave your screens at home and invest in face to face friendships for the week. You won't regret it!
Financial considerations should not prevent anyone from attending. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request a scholarship.
STEP UP Leadership Program
+$10.00 service fee
+$10.00 service fee0